There have been quite a few new subscriptions lately, so here’s a big welcome to new readers of this blog! Be sure to read all the way to the bottom for some pointers to some older (but still interesting) posts…
Also feel free to introduce yourselves in the comments below; don’t be shy! There are T-shirts prizes to win for posting interesting comments (the deadline is in 10 days) .
I’m pleased to announce that AiGameDev.com is now temporally coherent :-) That basically means I’ve established themes for every day of the week now. I’ll also try to publish the articles around the same time of day — once I get into the rhythm.
The goal is to make it easier for you to schedule your daily interaction with the blog, and have something specific to look forward to every week. Here’s what my patented temporal structure looks like:
- Monday — Reviews
- A practical look at existing games from a technical perspective (e.g. Thief’s AI). I also hope to line up some interviews with AI developers behind the scenes.
- Tuesday — Discussion, Polls
- Lightly moderated debates on a variety of topics relating to game AI. Naturally, discussion is encouraged all week long.
- Wednesday — Tutorials
- Explaining how-to solve specific problems. Stay tuned for my adventures into the world of video blogging!
- Thursday — Theory, White Papers
- My coverage of conferences has been very popular so far, so it’s going to become a weekly affair.
- Friday — Reader Questions, Essays
- Submit your problems and issues here! Here are some sample answers. Otherwise, for lack of questions, I’ll be doing free-form improvisations…
- Saturday — Smart Links
- They’re hard to find, but there are some great links on game AI in the blogosphere, and on discussion boards.
- Sunday — Sketches
- Mostly visual explanations of various problems. The first issue of this series started off a bit slowly, but established the style.
Certain posts have already become a regular feature on the blog, and the others I’ll be rolling out incrementally. Of course, feedback is always welcome, as my main goal is to provide something useful!
Contact Form Fixed
Another quick announcement; I fixed a bug in the contact form last week. So those of you that tried to reach me and got no reply, then I probably didn’t get the message. It definitely works now!
Posts Worthy of Interest
For those of you that have recently subscribed to the blog, here are some great posts you might have missed:
More to come, of course. Enjoy!